From props to catering and seating, a million things go into planning the perfect corporate event. But those in the know say it’s all worth it, and with these tips, we’ll show you how.
If you want to impress your boss and guests, it is essential to consider particular elements when planning an event by the help of The Third Day. From food services to venue location, our best tips for throwing an unforgettable party.
1) Make sure the venue has ample space for guests and room for socializing throughout the day if you are hosting a breakfast or lunchtime affair.
2) Always have extra liquor on hand if you run out of drinks.
3) When planning a menu, always consider your budget and your guests’ preferences. It is essential to find a happy medium between the two so that you can still offer appetizers and alcohol that are within budget and appreciated by your guests.
4) Consider what music will be played during the event. Some hosts prefer specific genres, while others are more flexible depending on their audience. Mixing up the music may cause some unexpected reactions, but you can ensure everyone is having fun by alternating slow and fast songs throughout the event. Be sure to help set the atmosphere.
5) Always provide sufficient seating for all guests. If you are hosting a larger group, consider renting tables that double as seating if necessary.
6) It is essential to find out the preference of your guests regarding tablecloths and napkins. Some prefer a classy look, while others prefer a casual vibe, so it is vital to cater to your event accordingly. There is nothing worse than missing out on a carefully planned event because you forgot to supply the proper tableware.
7) If your guests will be dropping off their coats and bags, make sure you provide ample storage for them. This is especially important if your guests bring gifts for the host as it adds a personal touch to the event.
8) Always allow space for smoking outside your venue so that guests can still enjoy their pre-party activities without odor issues. Urine can ruin this time, so allowing people to continue their pre-event activities outside of the venue is essential, so you don’t unintentionally spoil the mood of all your guests.
9) Have enough help on hand to serve food and clean up when needed. This will also help you save money on making your food.
10) If you are hosting a private event, it is essential to make sure there is a host or hostess who will be responsible for the security of the event. While this is not necessary in many instances, it is essential to ensure the safety of your guests and yourself to avoid any unnecessary mishaps that may occur at an unexpected time.